Friday, June 02, 2006

illustration friday: portrait




"Mommy and Baby" © Irvine
from
random sketches on notebook, December, 2005



I know my mom posted this before, but when I saw the topic, I wanna put it up again! This is what mom called 'accidental doodle'. Beacuse I made this in random and not really thinking of anything at first. And like always, I give the name or title for a drawing after finishing it. And when my mom asked me what I wanna call it, I said 'Mommy and Baby'.

When my mom saw this she was so happy! She said it looked familiar then showed me this: Madonna and Child. It was the version of Duccio di Buoninsegna (1300) painted on wood panel.




woehi! looks like he copied me! but made a better version! but how? hmm... will you just hug me then?

7 Lovely People:

3:03 AM, June 02, 2006, Blogger arvindh gave a hug and said...

That's a good one Irvine! I can see the likenness!

 
4:08 AM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Lauri gave a hug and said...

Very sweet!

 
5:55 AM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous gave a hug and said...

thanks arvindh and LoriLaurieLauri! wooha.. I like that name.. LoriLaurieLauri... hee

hugs ^_^

 
6:32 AM, June 04, 2006, Blogger BeeJay gave a hug and said...

Wow! I really can see the similarity (don't know how to spell that ;P)!!
And I liked the colours =) !

Sooo niiiice! =D

 
9:51 AM, June 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous gave a hug and said...

love to mix crayons and pastels... wee.. glad you like my drawing.. ^_^ hugs!

 
4:03 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger BeeJay gave a hug and said...

No update yet ? =(

 
9:04 AM, June 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous gave a hug and said...

ohh sorry mommy have so many things up her sleeve at the mo...

but have a new posty up now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home