Friday, December 23, 2005

Illustration Friday: Holiday




"Mommy and Baby" © Irvine
from
random sketches on notebook, December, 2005




This was a lovely surprise from Irvine. Strange how this came out of his random doodles. I dunno if he thinks about something first before drawing it, or the name just comes after looking at the result.

I don't know if anybody would believe me that My Irvine, only 4 years old, drew this!

The moment I saw this, I was surprised at how familiar it looked, and how the image was so fitted abstractly quaint. So I searched for different paintings of Madonna and Child. And it didn't take long to find the version of Duccio di Buoninsegna (circa 1300) painted in tempera and gold on wood panel. Which bears similar features. Or maybe it was just in my head..




Happy Holidays!



note: Irvine is still feverish, and having dry coughs. So we decided to spend Christmas Eve at home.
Irvine's Mom

5 Lovely People:

6:13 PM, December 23, 2005, Blogger valerie walsh gave a hug and said...

this is really special! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas

 
10:51 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger Zórdís gave a hug and said...

Irvine and Mom, have a nice holiday and hopefully the little artist gets better soon. Childrens art is always so adorable and nice!

 
11:34 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger gudbrandsdottir gave a hug and said...

Merry Cristmas to you Irvine and to your family and hopefully you allready feel better!

 
2:46 AM, December 25, 2005, Blogger carla gave a hug and said...

Very sweet! I hope you feel better soon, Irvine. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

 
10:55 AM, January 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous gave a hug and said...

wee.. thanks everyone! {{huggsss}}
I'm feeling much better now. Me and my Mommy are having an extended vacation. But we'l be posting more soon...

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home